ORIGIN OF TATTOOS, JAPAN AS A TATU WORLD CENTER
Origin of a tattoo, Japan as the center of the tattoo world. A person was probably engaged in decorating, body design from the moment when the last coat fell off his chest and other parts (see Darwin’s theory). Tattoo, as one of the methods of ritual decoration of the body, is also known since ancient times.
Today, technology for applying images to the body has achieved truly amazing results. The tattoo artist can restore any image on your body, sometimes arguing in skill with a good printer. The tattoo artist’s palette expanded to several dozen colors and shades, the machines became safe, and the process itself is not as painful as in the ancient world. But the tattoo remained a tattoo, despite the fact that it became available to young and old, and men and women, white and African-Americans. Therefore, before you go to the tattoo parlor, you must decide on your choice of plot and how to apply it. One cannot completely rely on the taste of the master even if he has a very good one. The fact is that you come to a stranger who cannot, and often just does not want to fully understand you, your worldview and inner world. It’s especially difficult for a master if you yourself cannot imagine what you want to get from him. Knowing the amount you can spend only partially eases the task of the tattoo artist.
Of course, you should not bring a finished drawing with you, but it would be nice to have at least some idea of what you want to see on your body. A tattoo is information about a person concentrated in a drawing on the body. In addition, a tattoo determines a person’s belonging to a certain group, formation, and cultural layer. Often a person associates his personality or name with the character or plot depicted on himself. The 20th century is the era of color: color photography, color cinema and color tattoos. In addition to color, the first avant-garde motifs appear on the bodies of advanced youth, ranging from copying paintings to performing highly artistic portraits. Cosmopolitanization of society, which began in the West as far back as the 60s, led to the flourishing of ethnic motifs – Eastern, Scandinavian, etc. Nowadays, new directions such as “cyber art” and “extreme bio art” appear representing a modification of the human body and limbs. If cybernetic drawings most often represent sketches of joints by mechanical connections, microcircuit ornaments, other cosmic and mystical motifs, then extreme bio-art is trying to improve the human body by adding an extra eye, wing, tail and other specific details of the flora and fauna.
However, all existing plots of tattoos can be classified and divided into the following types:
– Ethnic tattoos (Celtic, Native American, Indian, New Zealand, Japanese, Chinese and the newly introduced “Scythian” and “Slavic” style). It is distinguished by its geometric and graphic plots, ornamental, cosmogonic, totemic and folklore motifs are used;
– Army, military, patriotic tattoos (symbols of the kind of troops, information on commemorative events, fixing the blood type and name, image of flags, national emblems and symbols). They are distinguished by the simplicity of the picture, a rich palette and a slight variety of colors;
– Criminal tattoos (symbols, commemorative inscriptions, caste affiliation, totemic and religious images). These tattoos are characterized by metaphorical, symbolic. The meaning veiled in the figure comes to the fore, and the technique does not play an important role;
– Professional, caste, group tattoos (defining occupation, length of service and qualifications, hobbies and preferences, belonging to one or another formation). This category, by definition, requires technical skill, but there is no particular diversity in the plots; – Animalistic (images of animals, fish and birds, zoomorphic and mythological creatures). This class of tattoos includes cybernetic and extreme biological subjects. This is one of the most gracious for the tattoo artist’s class;
– Memorable tattoos (in memory of events: portraits of children, relatives and friends, important names and titles). One of the most common types of tattoos, also characterized in that it is he who is most often “displayed”. There may be one, two, three, etc. in color. This look is quite successfully combined with any tattoos. It can be either a graphic image or a copy of a photograph or portrait;
– Game tattoos (heroes of comics, cartoon series and anime, mangoes, logos of various companies and names of music groups). One of the easiest types of tattoos to draw, complicated only by the fact that the master has to create not only a drawing, but also a script. The technical side of this species can play both a leading role and fade into the background, giving way to the plot.